The purpose of the Public Policy Initiative of the Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan is to develop the public policy sphere in Kazakhstan through increasing the potential of young researchers, stimulating public dialogue, and supporting independent applied research to identify and practically solve socially significant problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Under the supervision of the Programs Director the Coordinator:
- develops and implements the strategy of the Initiative and its workplan;
- is responsible for administration of grant and operational projects, including the processing and analysis of grant documents at all stages of the project implementation, data input into the data management system, monitoring and evaluation of the grant projects implementation, and maintains other activities (meetings, conferences, seminars, round tables, etc.);
- is responsible for the implementation of the OEI’s goals, objectives, and budget management;
- maintains and develops cooperation with partners from the government agencies, international and local analytical centers, journalists and civil society actors.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analysis of current global and regional trends and best practices in the field of public policy;
- Preparation of materials and reports for the Board of Trustees and the Management Board of SFK;
- Public relations at national and international levels (participation and speaking at international conferences, publications in local and international media and on SFK website; preparation of draft press releases and announcements, analytical comments, meetings, and negotiations);
Other management’s instructions as part of activities of the Foundation.
- Higher education in the social sciences (preferably with a Master’s degree).
- Project management experience;
- Experience with foreign and Kazakhstan analytical centers and experts;
- Experience of interaction with the media;
- Experience in working with foreign experts and international organizations or analytical centers;
- Practical work experience in government agencies, international organizations or analytical centers is an advantage;
- Experience of expert and analytical work is also an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Must be fluent in Russian and English languages (knowledge of Kazakh language is an advantage);
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office programs.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Project portfolio management
- Ability to work in tight timeframes, while solving several tasks
- Strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Focus on innovations
- Commitment to development
- Care and precision
How to apply: please download the application form placed below the announcement.
Send the completed application form, CV and motivation letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify PPI_Coordinator in the subject line.
Application form and related documents are accepted above until May 29, 2019 inclusive.
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements will be invited for an interview.
Salary and social package will be determined based on the candidate’s experience.
Office location: Almaty, 111a Zheltoksan Street, office 9.
SFK is commited to provide all candidates with equal opportunities.